Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's the Little Things

I often wonder why so many other people seem to hear God's voice so clearly, but I don't. But then I think about it, and realize I have heard it, but didn't realize it.  He speaks to me about little things not the grand ones.  I believe that is because He knows that's all I can handle.  I still want to be in control, so I don't always trust Him with the big things.  He knows this and is teaching me to take small steps. 

Just last week I was feeling very stressed because I could not find a costume for the production I was set to be in.  All of my original plans had fallen through and I was at my wits end trying to find something to wear.  I prayed that God would help me not to be so stressed and that He would allow me to find a great costume for a reasonable price.  Shortly thereafter, the name of our local Dollar Store popped into my head.  And then - Walmart.  I had already planned to meet my husband after work to buy groceries, so I decided I would go try these two places.  Then my husband told me he was probably going to get out of work early and that he would just go buy the groceries so I could focus on finding my costume.

After my girls awoke from their naps I headed out to the dollar store and found a bunch of props for under $10.  Then I went across the street to Walmart and found a shirt and bag for $8. 

Divine intervention?  I think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment